Special instructions for SMBT Thesis Students
SMBT students register for 4.THG upon approval of the thesis proposal and continue to do so each term until graduation. Units will vary according to the number of other subjects being taken. A normal course load for a term is not more than 48 credit units. SMBT students are expected to schedule a content review directly with the thesis advisor to take place near the end of the final term. At this point the thesis should be substantially complete; the content review marks the point at which the student may turn to production of the final thesis.
Fall Term 2022 Theses Deadlines
Friday, September 9, 2022
- Registration: 4.THG
- Degree list: Put yourself on the February degree list by applying for a degree
- 8:59am e/signed Thesis Proposal Form due to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All signatures must be on a single form.
Friday, January 6, 2023: 8:59am department thesis deadline to thesis portal
- If you are having difficulty when logged into Office 365 or Sharepoint under a different log in, try clearing your cache on your browser so that you can log in to the form with your MIT Kerberos account.
- This is for the purpose of making certain the document is in compliance with MIT archive requirements. You will be contacted quickly via the portal if adjustments are needed. Please do not email separately.