Special instructions for SMACT Thesis Students
SMACT students register for 24 units of 4.THG in their fourth and final term. Thesis is taken in conjunction with 4.390, Art, Culture and Technology Studio, which is taken each term, and 4.389, SMACT Thesis Tutorial, which is taken the final two terms. Thesis reviews are scheduled within the forum of 4.390, which is restricted to SMACT students..
Spring 2022 Thesis Deadlines
Friday, January 28, 2022
- Registration for thesis: (4.THG, 24 units)
- Degree list: Put yourself on the May degree list by applying for a degree.
Friday, February 4, 2022
- Thesis committee form due to ACT Academic Liaison.
Friday, April 1, 2022
- Register your final thesis title: You must return to the online site of your application and add or make a change to your thesis title by this deadline. The title on your final thesis must be an exact match of the one you submit on your Application for Degree. If you add your title after this date, you will be charged a late fee; but you may still update your title until the actual submission date.
- Penultimate draft of written thesis due to committee.
Friday, May 14, 2022
- One or two days before the day the thesis is due for submittal upload the final document to the Department's Portal for formatting review. This is for the purpose of making certain the document is in compliance with MIT archive requirements. You will be contacted quickly if adjustments are needed.
- If you are having difficulty when logged into Office 365 or Sharepoint under a different log in, try clearing your cache on your browser so that you can log in to the form with your MIT Kerberos account.
Formatting, Specifications & Thesis Submission
Important: Consult the Formatting & Specifications and Thesis Submission information page.